Porter's 3-pointers help Oregon top UC Davis 95-64Nov 15, 2009 - 12:27 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP)Tajuan Porter scored 26 points and set the school record for career 3-pointers in Oregon's 95-64 victory against UC Davis Saturday afternoon in the BTI Tip-Off Tournament.
The senior guard was 10 of 15 from the field and five of 10 on 3-point attempts.
Porter came into the game needing three 3-pointers to break the school record of 282 set in 1995 by Orlando Williams. He tied the record and then broke it on back-to-back possessions midway through the first half to spark a 19-5 run that put the Ducks up 35-17 five minutes before halftime.
LeKendric Longmire added 16 points for Oregon (2-0), which scored more than 90 points for the second this season after reaching that mark just once all of last season.
Michael Dunigan also scored 11 and Teondre Williams had 10 points.
Dominic Calegari scored 13 to pace the Aggies (0-2).
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CALIFORNIA-DAVIS 28 36 64
OREGON 42 53 95 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: CALIFORNIA-DAVIS - MARK PAYNE 14, DOMINIC CALEGARI 13,
JOE HARDEN 12
OREGON - TAJUAN PORTER 26, LEKENDRIC LONGMIRE 25,
MICHAEL DUNIGAN 11
Nov 14 6:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 28
OREGON 42 HALFTIME
Nov 14 5:51 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30