Wisconsin-Green Bay beats Samford 70-68Nov 15, 2009 - 12:36 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Rahmon Fletcher scored 22 points to help Wisconsin-Green Bay hold off Samford in a 70-68 win on Saturday.
Troy Cotton had 16 points and Seth Evans added 10 for the Phoenix (1-1), who built a 60-51 lead with 6:51 left in the second half on Fletcher's three-point play in the Hispanic College Fund Classic.
Fletcher shot 9-for-13 from the floor, hitting 3 of his 5 shots from beyond the arc. Cotton grabbed six rebounds and shot 4-for-7 from 3-point range.
The Bulldogs (0-2) outscored Wisconsin-Green Bay 17-9 to cut the margin to one point with 39 seconds left to play on Trey Montgomery's free throw. But Evans hit a free throw 19 seconds later, as the Phoenix held Samford scoreless the rest of the way.
Montgomery led Samford with 20 points, shooting 7-for-11 from the floor. Josh Davis had 19 points and Andy King added 10.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 70
SAMFORD 68 FINAL
Nov 14 6:52 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 35
SAMFORD 30 HALFTIME
Nov 14 5:43 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin hosts instate foe Green Bay Nov 19
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- No. 20 Wisconsin holds off upset-minded Green Bay Nov 17