Sacramento State gets past Houston Baptist 70-60Nov 15, 2009 - 1:56 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Michael Selling scored 17 points and Domineek Daniel added 15 as Sacramento State beat Houston Baptist 70-60 Saturday night at the Rice Basketball Challenge.
The Hornets (1-1) led 38-35 at halftime before opening the second half with a 13-6 run to build their first double-digit advantage, 51-41. Sacramento State pushed its lead to as many as 12, and the Huskies (0-2) were unable to get closer than seven the rest of the way.
Michael Moss had 13 points and a game-high eight rebounds for Houston Baptist, which shot just 38.2 percent (21 of 55) from the field and was 1 of 15 from 3-point range for the second straight game.
Sacramento State wasn't much better from long range (4 of 16) but it did shoot 44.8 percent (26 of 58) overall.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 70
HOUSTON BAPTIST 60 FINAL
Nov 14 8:06 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 38
HOUSTON BAPTIST 35 HALFTIME
Nov 14 6:50 PM
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14