Eastern Michigan downs Oakland, Mich., 81-77Nov 15, 2009 - 2:37 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Brandon Bowdry had a double-double of 26 points and 13 rebounds Saturday night to lead Eastern Michigan to an 81-77 season-opening victory over Oakland, Mich.
Guards Antonio Green and Carlos Medlock scored 14 apiece for the Eagles.
Johnathon Jones led Oakland with 23 points, and two Golden Grizzlies had double-doubles - forward Derick Nelson with 20 points and 13 rebounds and center Keith Benson with 15 points and 13 boards.
The Eagles led by as many as nine late in the first half and 42-35 at the break.
They established their largest margin at 73-60 on Bowdry's jumper with 6:23 left.
Oakland's last lead came at 18-16 midway through the first half. Jones' 3-pointer with 44 seconds left cut it to 79-77.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15