Eastern Illinois defeats Toledo 72-62Nov 15, 2009 - 2:46 AM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Jeremy Granger scored 21 points and Eastern Illinois defeated Toledo 72-62 in the season opener for both teams on Saturday night.
Granger was 5-for-9 from the field, including 3 of 4 from behind the 3-point arc, and made 8-of-10 free throws on his way to a career-high scoring night. The Panthers shot 49 percent from the field (25 of 51), including going 4-for-10 from 3-point range (40 percent).
Eastern Illinois trailed 22-17 with 7:13 left in the first half before going on a 14-3 run for a 31-25 halftime lead.
The Panthers led by as many as 52-39 on a dunk by Shaun Pratl with 9:09 remaining in the game.
Edin Suljic and T.J. Marion also scored in double figures for Eastern Illinois with 14 and 10 points, respectively.
The Rockets were led by Stephen Albrecht with 15 points and Justin Anyijong with 11.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 72
TOLEDO 62 FINAL
Nov 14 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 31
TOLEDO 25 HALFTIME
Nov 14 7:58 PM
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30