Missouri-Kansas City defeats Truman St 80-33Nov 15, 2009 - 4:24 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Junior Jay Couisnard led Missouri-Kansas City with 17 points in leading the Kangaroos to an 80-33 season-opening victory over Truman State Saturday night.
Couisnard, a transfer from Evansville, connected on 7 of 11 from the field. Freshman Kirk Korver and sophomore LaTreze Mushatt had 12 points each for the Kangaroos.
The Kangaroos had 20 assists in the game with sophomore Michael Gholston Jr., and sophomore Trey McKinney-Jones with five each.
UMKC dominated the rebounding 35-25 with junior Spencer Johnson pulling down six.
Sophomore Vesko Filchev paced the Bulldogs with 14 points and a game-high eight rebounds.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8