Nevada defeats Montana State 75-61 in openerNov 15, 2009 - 5:22 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored a game-high 26 points as Nevada cruised past Montana State 75-61 in the season opener for both teams Saturday night.
Armon Johnson added 16 points for the Wolf Pack.
Erik Rush scored 13 points to lead Montana State.
Johnson scored all of his points in the first half and Babbitt added 13 as Nevada built a 50-31 halftime lead. The Wolf Pack made 7-of-11 3-pointers in the opening half.
Cody Anderson and Bryan Louff each had 10 points for Montana State.
The Bobcats played with just eight players because two starters (Marquis Navarre and Will Bynum) are ineligible for the first three games of the season after participating in an unsanctioned basketball event this summer.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Kentucky crushes Montana St. Nov 23
- Top-ranked Kentucky continues run against Montana State Nov 23
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Adams, LaVine power UCLA past Nevada Nov 29