George Mason beats Dartmouth 60-44Nov 15, 2009 - 11:18 PM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Ryan Pearson had 19 points as George Mason overcame a slow start for a 60-44 victory over Dartmouth on Sunday.
The win was the 18th straight at home for the Patriots (2-0).
George Mason led just 28-24 at halftime, but came alive midway through the second half.
The Patriots used a full-court, pressing defense to spark a 9-0 run and take a 41-30 lead with 12:05 to play. George Mason then put the game away with a 12-0 run that pushed the lead to 56-36 with 4 minutes remaining.
Pearson, who also had 10 rebounds, had 12 of his 19 points in the first half. Luke Hancock finished with 12 points for George Mason, while Mike Morrison added 11 points and 10 rebounds.
David Rufful was the lone scorer in double figures for the Big Green (0-2), finishing with 13 points.
On Thursday, the Patriots take on No. 5 Villanova in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20
- Patriots face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Billikens Feb 19
- Loe leads Saint Louis past George Mason in OT Feb 1
- Patriots seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Feb 1
- No. 16 UMass escapes with win over George Mason Jan 15