Bucknell edges out Bryant 59-56Nov 15, 2009 - 7:27 PM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Mike Muscala scored 12 points and Bryan Cohen added 11 to lead Bucknell past Bryant 59-56 on Sunday.
With both teams shooting under 30 percent in the first half the Bison (2-3) used a 14-2 run, led by two Bryson Johnson 3-pointers 18 seconds apart, to lead 25-15 at halftime.
Bucknell opened the second half making five of its first six shots for a 39-13 lead. But Bryant (0-3) fired back with a 16-2 run capped by eight straight points from Cecil Gresham, to cut Bucknell's lead to three.
Graham finished with 26 points, including 17 in the second half.
A Barry Latham 3-pointer pulled the Bulldogs within two with 33 seconds left to play, but steady foul shooting allowed Bucknell to run out the clock and seal the win in the World Vision Invitational.
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 59 FINAL
Nov 15 2:04 PM
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 25 HALFTIME
Nov 15 12:48 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11