Old Dominion routs Bethune-Cookman 69-38Nov 15, 2009 - 8:43 PM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee and Kent Bazemore scored 10 points apiece as Old Dominion cruised to a 69-38 victory over Bethune-Cookman on Sunday in the Monarchs' season opener.
Lee, who also had five rebounds, was only 2-for-7 from the field but made all six of his free throws for Old Dominion, the preseason pick to win the Colonial Athletic Association.
Leading 14-13 in the first half of the South Padre Island Invitational, the Monarchs pulled away with an 8-0 run and led 35-23 at halftime. Old Dominion then opened the second half with a 21-3 run to lead 56-26 with 8:08 remaining.
All 11 Old Dominion players scored at least one basket.
C.J. Reed led the Wildcats (0-2) with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. No other Bethune-Cookman player scored more than four points.
The Monarchs shot 44 percent from the field (22-for-50) and 87.5 percent (21-for-24) from the free throw line.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4
- Taylor out as ODU head men's basketball coach Feb 5
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10