Aminu leads Wake Forest past ECU 89-58Nov 15, 2009 - 9:23 PM By JOEDY McCREARY AP Sports Writer
GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Al-Farouq Aminu scored 23 points, fellow sophomore Tony Woods matched a career high with 12 and Wake Forest routed East Carolina 89-58 on Sunday.
Ishmael Smith scored 14 points for the Demon Deacons (2-0). They never trailed, shot 54 percent, held East Carolina to 24.6 percent shooting and turned 22 turnovers into 25 points.
Brock Young had 17 points, Darrius Morrow scored 12 and Chad Wynn added 11 for the Pirates (1-1). They shot 19 percent in the first half, got no closer than 20 points after the opening moments of the second and fell to 0-7 against Wake Forest.
- Wake Forest adds 2nd grad transfer, Matt Williams from UCF Apr 27
- Wake adds grad transfer Austin Arians from Milwaukee Apr 20
- Manning: 2 Wake Forest men's basketball players to transfer Mar 15
- After another losing season, Wake turns focus to future Mar 9
- Wake Forest suspends Thomas, dismisses Hudson from hoop team Feb 19
- 'It just hurts': Frustrated Wake Forest hopes for turnaround Jan 27
- Wilbekin, Crawford taking on bigger role at Wake Forest Nov 4
- Wake Forest suspends Hudson, Watson from hoop team Oct 31
- Wake expects improvement in Manning's second season Oct 26
- Wake Forest Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Wake Forest G Miller-McIntyre out 4-6 weeks with broken foot Oct 19
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13