Sacred Heart sinks Lafayette 81-70Nov 15, 2009 - 11:05 PM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan scored 21 points to lead four Sacred Heart players in double-figure scoring, helping the Pioneers outlast Lafayette 81-70 on Saturday in the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
Chauncey Hardy scored 17, Ryan Litke 14 and Liam Potter 10 for the Pioneers (2-0), who went 11-for-17 from beyond the arc (64.7 percent). Litke hit four 3-pointers, while Hassan and Hardy had three apiece.
The Pioneers trailed the Leopards (1-1) 36-34 at halftime, but Sacred Heart went on a 23-8 run midway through the second half to take the lead for good. Litke scored 11 points, including going 3-for-3 from beyond the arc, during the spree.
Sacred Heart outscored Lafayette 47-34 in the second half.
Ryan Willen scored 14 points to pace the Leopards and Jared Mintz added 12.
The Pioneers outrebounded the Leopards 36-27.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13