Noonan, Boise State top North Dakota, 75-60Nov 15, 2009 - 10:17 PM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Paul Noonan sank six 3-pointers and scored 23 points to lead Boise State to a 75-60 victory over North Dakota on the final day of the Grizzly Tournament Sunday.
Daequon Montreal added 11 points off the bench and anchored an aggressive trapping defense that forced 14 North Dakota turnovers in the final 20 minutes. Tied 32-32 at the half, the Broncos' suffocating backcourt pressure and running game helped them open up a 60-45 lead with 9 minutes 50 seconds remaining.
The Fighting Sioux used a 9-0 spurt to make it 60-54 with 5:40 left before another three from Noonan stopped the run and Boise State was soon ahead by double figures again.
Anthony Thomas added eight points and eight assists for the Broncos (2-1), who were coming off a 95-82 loss to host Montana Saturday night.
Travis Mertens led North Dakota (0-3) with 14 points and nine rebounds.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 75
NORTH DAKOTA 60 FINAL
Nov 15 4:51 PM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 32
NORTH DAKOTA 32 HALFTIME
Nov 15 3:46 PM
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28