Fields leads Stanford to 70-53 win over Cal PolyNov 16, 2009 - 5:01 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Landry Fields scored 22 points to help Stanford win its home opener 70-53 over Cal Poly Sunday night.
Jack Trotter scored a career-high 10 points for the Cardinal, who won their fourth straight home opener. Drew Shiller added 11 points.
Lorenzo Keeler scored 15 points to lead the Mustangs, who lost their fifth straight dating to last season. Will Donahue recorded a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Justin Brown scored 11.
The Mustangs were unable to match Stanford's athleticism and were never really competitive after the first few minutes of the second half.
Cal Poly missed seven of its first nine shots while Stanford shot 50 percent from the field to open a 13-point lead in the game's first 10 minutes.
Stanford led at halftime, 32-23.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CAL POLY 23 30 53
STANFORD 32 38 70 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: CAL POLY - LORENZO KEELER 15, JUSTIN BROWN 11, WILL
STANFORD - LANDRY FIELDS 20, DREW SHILLER 11, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 10
Nov 15 11:55 PM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 23
STANFORD 32 HALFTIME
Nov 15 10:53 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Stanford G Robert Cartwright to miss season Nov 4
- Cartwright out indefinitely Nov 3
- NIT champion Stanford regroups after losing key scorers Oct 28