Texas Tech holds off Oregon State 64-60Nov 15, 2009 - 11:51 PM LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- David Tairu scored 19 points to lead Texas Tech past Oregon State in the Duel in the Desert tournament Sunday.
The Beavers battled back from a double-digit deficit to pull even with the Red Raiders (3-0) at 50-50 with about four minutes remaining in the game.
The score stayed close until Tairu and Mike Singletary hit back-to-back 3s to put the game out of reach for Oregon State (1-2).
Seth Tarver scored 17 points to lead the Beavers.
Tairu, who was named MVP of the tournament, was 6-of-11 from the field and hit four of five from beyond the arc.
The Beavers outrebounded the Red Raiders 35 to 23. Joe Burton of Oregon State led with nine rebounds.
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 60
TEXAS TECH 64 FINAL
Nov 15 6:34 PM
- NCAA BB
OREGON ST 24
TEXAS TECH 30 HALFTIME
Nov 15 5:24 PM
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7