Wichita State balance prevails, 80-64Nov 15, 2009 - 11:27 PM WICHITA, Kan.(AP) -- Toure Murry scored 16 points to lead Wichita State to an 80-64 season-opening victory over Fairleigh Dickinson Sunday.
The Shockers (1-0) had five players score in double figures, including J.T. Durley. He had 13 of his 15 points in the first half, helping Wichita State take control quickly.
Durley had four field goals in the first 10:06 of the game, including a 3-pointer that gave Wichita State a 22-6 lead. The Knights' best stretch came late in the first half as Mike Scott scored six points in a 12-3 run that cut Wichita State's lead to 32-22. Fairleigh Dickinson would never get closer.
Wichita State's Graham Hatch answered with a 3-pointer that started 16-4 run that lasted into the second half. Hatch finished with 12 points for Wichita State while David Kyles added 11.
Scott led Fairleigh Dickinson (0-2) and all scorers with 18 points.
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28
- Grady hurt in No. 20 Wichita State loss to Alabama Nov 27
- No. 10 Shockers enter season with high expectations again Nov 3