Bradley defeats Idaho State, 74-69Nov 16, 2009 - 3:06 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Dodie Dunson scored 16 points before leaving with a possible season-ending injury in Bradley's 74-69 victory over Idaho State Sunday night.
Dunson, a senior, suffered a broken left forearm with 12 minutes 28 seconds to play when he fell on a drive to the basket. Bradley coach Jim Les said Dunson will have surgery on Tuesday and is likely lost for the season.
Andrew Warren also had 16 points for Bradley (1-1) while Sam Maniscalco had 13 points, and Chris Roberts and Dyricus Simms-Edwards scored 12 each. Bradley shot 50 percent from the field, making half of its 3-point shots (11 of 22) with Dunson hitting 4 of 6. Idaho State (0-2) made just two shots from 3-point range in 13 attempts.
Broderick Gilchrest was the game's high scorer with 19 points and Demetrius Monroe had 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Bengals.
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops Bradley Jan 13
- Panthers and Braves mix it up in Missouri Valley melee Jan 13
- No. 15 Wichita State uses strong second half to top Bradley Jan 7
- Braves seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Jan 7
- Wichita State first to 30-0 in regular season Feb 25