Wright State pulls away from Belmont 82-73Nov 16, 2009 - 3:12 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Todd Brown scored 14 of his 25 points in the first half, Troy Tabler added 16 and Wright State used a big first half to run past Belmont 82-73 on Sunday night on the final day of the round-robin Athletes in Action Classic.
Brown scored 12 points during a decisive first-half run that put the Raiders up by as many as 20. Cory Cooperwood's jumper started a 26-7 spurt that built Wright State's lead to 40-20 late in the half. The Raiders (2-1) shot nearly 60 percent in the first half and 57 percent in the game.
While Wright State built its lead, Belmont went more than 7 minutes without scoring. The Bruins came back in the second half but couldn't get closer than the final score.
Mick Hedgepeth led Belmont (1-2) with 19 points and Scott Sanders added 10.
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 82
BELMONT 73 FINAL
Nov 15 9:35 PM
- NCAA BB
WRIGHT ST 45
BELMONT 27 HALFTIME
Nov 15 8:26 PM
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Virginia staves off upset bid from Belmont Mar 20
- Belmont battles Virginia in East Regional melee Mar 20
- Belmont shocks Murray State to win OVC crown Mar 7
- Racers and Bruins battle for OVC crown Mar 7
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Eastern Kentucky tops Belmont in OVC title game Mar 9
- Bruins battle Colonels for OVC crown Mar 8