Gadson, Thompson lead Rider past Lehigh 86-71Nov 17, 2009 - 2:42 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.(AP) -- Novar Gadson scored 20 points and Ryan Thompson added 19 to lead Rider past Lehigh 86-71 on Monday night.
The Broncs (2-0) made a school-record 16 3-pointers, including their first five en route to a 19-3 lead. Rider, which attempted 29 3-point shots, broke its previous record of 15 set in a 102-51 win over Canisius on Jan. 6, 2008.
Gadson scored eight points during the early run and tallied 13 at halftime for a 40-29 Rider advantage.
Gadson and Thompson had seven rebounds each, and Thompson chipped in with five assists.
The Broncs, who last began a season 2-0 during the 2003-04 slate, also had 14 points from Justin Robinson.
CJ McCollum, who scored 13 points for the Mountain Hawks (0-2), helped cut the deficit to 60-55 with 6:44 remaining in the game. McCollum scored eight points during a 15-3 Lehigh run, but the Mountain Hawks wouldn't get any closer.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6