Frazier leads Penn State past Robert Morris 80-61Nov 17, 2009 - 3:24 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pa.(AP) -- Tim Frazier scored 19 points to lead Penn State to an 80-61 victory over Robert Morris on Monday night.
Chris Babb added 15 points and Jeff Brooks had 12 points and five rebounds for the Nittany Lions (2-0), who are on a seven-game winning streak dating back to last season.
Russell Johnson scored 11 points and had five rebounds to lead Robert Morris (0-2). Rob Robinson had nine of the Colonials' 31 rebounds and added eight points.
The Nittany Lions' success on 3-pointers highlighted the team's offense. Penn State shot 12-for-26 from outside the circle, with Babb going 5-for-9 from 3-point range.
Penn State had the slight edge at the break, leading Robert Morris 34-33.
The Nittany Lions pulled away quickly in the second half, sparked by a dunk by Talor Battle off a steal with just over 17 minutes left to put the Nittany Lions up 47-35.
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn State at a Glance Oct 27
- Penn State's Chambers hopes momentum translates to wins Oct 27
- Freshmen expected to contribute heavily for Penn State Oct 7
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Chambers signs extension with Penn State Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10