Harangody scores 27 as Notre Dame wins 95-72Nov 17, 2009 - 2:34 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Luke Harangody had 27 points and nine rebounds and Notre Dame shot 56 percent to beat pesky St. Francis of Pennsylvania 95-72 on Monday night.
The Fighting Irish (2-0) used a 14-0 run early to take a double-digit lead, but the inexperienced Red Flash (1-1) quickly cut the lead back to five. Notre Dame regained a 15-point lead 5 minutes into the second half when Harangody made a 3-pointer to give the Irish a 60-45 advantage.
Ben Hansbrough scored 18 points, Tim Abromaitis (ab-row-MY-tis), who did not play as a sophomore last season, scored a career-high 17 points and Tyrone Nash had 11 for Notre Dame.
Umar Shannon scored 18 points for the Red Flash, who played the Irish surprisingly tough considering they were picked by coaches to finish last in the Northeast Conference.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ST. FRANCIS (PA) 38 34 72
NOTRE DAME 45 50 95 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: ST. FRANCIS (PA) - DEVIN SWEETNEY 17, UMAR SHANNON 15,
CEDRIC LATIMER 12
NOTRE DAME - LUKE HARANGODY 30, BEN HANSBROUGH 19,
TIM ABROMAITIS 18
Nov 16 9:22 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 38
NOTRE DAME 45 HALFTIME
Nov 16 8:20 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17