Tennessee Tech 71, Cent. Arkansas 67Nov 17, 2009 - 5:20 AM CONWAY, Ark. (AP) -- Four Tennessee Tech players scored in double-figures and five finished with at least five rebounds as the Golden Eagles beat Central Arkansas 71-67 Monday night in the Hall of Fame Showcase tournament.
Elijah Muhammad and Kevin Murphy scored 16 points each, and Frank Davis and Jud Dillard each added 10 for the Golden Eagles (1-1), which never trailed.
Mike Pouncy had 14 points for the Bears (1-1).
Murphy scored 11 of his points in the first half.
Dillard, a freshman, scored 10 straight points in a crucial second-half stretch which turned a 53-50 lead into a 63-57 advantage.
Central Arkansas trailed 36-33 at halftime. The biggest lead in the second half was seven points. The Bears got within two multiple times, including 65-63 on a 3-pointer from Mitch Rueter with 2:50 remaining.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 71
CENTRAL ARK 67 FINAL
Nov 16 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 36
CENTRAL ARK 33 HALFTIME
Nov 16 9:00 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25
- Racers top Tennessee Tech, remain unbeaten Jan 14