Taylor leads Vanderbilt over Lipscomb 95-73Nov 17, 2009 - 3:36 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jeffery Taylor scored 20 points to lead Vanderbilt to a 95-73 victory over Lipscomb on Monday night.
The Commodores (1-0) rolled to a 38-21 lead with 5:24 remaining in the first half. The Bisons (1-1) responded with a 15-5 run that was capped by a 3-pointer from Brandon Brown at the buzzer to trail just 43-36 at halftime.
Vanderbilt's hot shooting was too much, though, for the Bisons. The Commodores shot 64.3 percent from the field (18-for-28) in the second half and 58.9 percent (33-for-56) for the game.
Jermaine Beal scored 17 points, A.J. Ogilvy added 13 and Brad Tinsley had 10 for Vanderbilt. Ogilvy, the Commodores' top scorer last year, came off the bench after suffering a concussion during practice last month. He had a game-high nine rebounds and three blocks.
Josh Slater led the Bisons with 20 points while Adnan Hodzic chipped in 18 and Brown had 12.
- New Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew announces his staff Apr 26
- Vanderbilt junior center Damian Jones entering NBA Draft Apr 14
- Bryce Drew wants to be 1st to take Vanderbilt to Final 4 Apr 6
- Vandy sophomore guard Wade Baldwin IV entering NBA draft Apr 5
- Vanderbilt using Fogler, not search firm to find new coach Mar 28
- Stallings gone, Vanderbilt to start search for new coach Mar 27
- After 17 seasons, Stallings' future at Vanderbilt in doubt Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- Vandy fined $100,000 for storming court after Kentucky game Feb 29
- Big swing: Stumbling Vanderbilt revives NCAA tourney hopes Feb 25
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10