Missouri State rallies past Auburn 73-62Nov 17, 2009 - 3:30 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Three Missouri State players finished in double figures in a 73-62 win over Auburn on Monday night.
Adam Leonard, playing in his first game for the Bears, scored 14 points. Kyle Weems had 13 and Jermaine Mallett scored 12 for Missouri State (1-0).
Auburn (1-1) was led by Lucas Hargrove who had 24.
The Tigers, who trailed 36-31 at halftime, were unable to catch up in the second half after making only 2-of-9 shots in the first nine minutes, including a 5:15 stretch without a field goal.
Auburn, which led most of the first half, was ahead 22-16 with 7:17 left in the half before Missouri State went on a 10-0 run that included 3-pointers by Leonard and Weems. Missouri State increased its lead to 32-24 on another Weems score before back-to-back baskets by Earnest Ross got Auburn to within 32-29 with 2:08 to go before intermission.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 73 FINAL
Nov 16 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 36 HALFTIME
Nov 16 8:53 PM
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Kentucky remains perfect with win over Auburn Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky takes on Auburn in SEC semis Mar 14