Lamar holds off Texas-Pan American, 77-72Nov 17, 2009 - 4:01 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Kendrick Harris scored 24 points and Lamar survived a late charge by Texas-Pan American to win 77-72 Monday night.
Lamar (2-0) led 37-28 at halftime and led by as many as 15 points midway through the second half. But Texas-Pan American came back and when Nick Weiermiller hit a 3 with 19 seconds to play, Lamar's lead was down to 73-72.
Reggie Mathis and Anthony Miles each made a pair of free throws to provide the final margin of victory for the Cardinals. Miles had 14 points and eight rebounds while Lawrence Nwevo scored 12.
Jared Maree, with 19 points, was the only player in double figures for the Broncs (0-2).
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 72
LAMAR 77 FINAL
Nov 16 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 28
LAMAR 37 HALFTIME
Nov 16 8:50 PM
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Kentucky cruises past Lamar in primer for battle with Louisville Dec 29