Arizona State's defense lead way in 84-62 winNov 17, 2009 - 6:21 AM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Derek Glasser scored 20 points and Trent Lockett added 17 in his second college game as Arizona State used another stingy defensive effort in an 84-62 victory over Texas State in the first round of the preseason NIT on Monday night.
Eric Boateng set his career high with 14 points, and Ty Abbott added 11 points for the Sun Devils (2-0). Abbott missed the first game of the season while recovering from offseason arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.
Texas State (1-1) shot 36.2 percent from the field against Arizona State's aggressive 3-2 matchup zone defense, three days after the Sun Devils limited Western Illinois to 23.1 percent shooting from the field in an 87-35 victory.
Arizona State will play TCU in a second-round NIT West bracket game Tuesday in Tempe, and the winner will advance to the NIT semifinals in New York City on Nov. 27.
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9
- ASU fires Sendek Mar 24
- Utah routs Arizona State with dominant first half Feb 27
- Pac-12 action pits Utes against Sun Devils Feb 26