George Washington defeats Boston U. 69-59Nov 18, 2009 - 3:37 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Lasan Kromah scored 17 points and George Washington defeated Boston University 69-59 on Tuesday night.
After Corey Lowe gave Boston U. (0-2) its only lead other than the game's first points, George Washington's Aaron Ware hit a jump shot on the following possession for a 21-20 lead with 3:17 left in the first half. The Colonials (3-0) wouldn't trail the rest of the game.
Starting with Lowe's basket, the first half ended with seven straight points for George Washington.
Three other players scored in double figures for the Colonials as Damian Hollis tallied 11 and Tony Taylor and Aaron Ware chipped in 10 each.
George Washington also defeated the Terriers in their home opener, 63-58, to kickoff the 2008-09 season.
Boston U. was led by John Holland with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Corey Lowe added 21 points and Carlos Strong scored 10.
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 69
BOSTON UNIV 59 FINAL
Nov 17 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 26
BOSTON UNIV 20 HALFTIME
Nov 17 8:00 PM
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 9 UVA cruises past GW Nov 22
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Colonials seek upset of ninth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- GW's Lonergan gets contract extension Mar 28