Centenary defeats Grambling State 71-66Nov 18, 2009 - 5:44 AM GRAMBLING, La.(AP) -- David Perez scored 25 points and Centenary defeated Grambling State 71-66 on Tuesday night.
Down 44-38, the Gentlemen (1-1) scored seven straight points to take their first lead of the game on a 3-pointer by Daman Starring with 12:32 remaining in the game.
Centenary built its lead to 63-55 on two free throws by Roman Tubner with 36 seconds left to play.
Grambling, which led 37-28 at halftime, led by 35-25 on a layup by Donald Qualls with 1:17 left in the first half.
Lance Fuertado had a double-double for the Tigers with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Qualls and Ariece Perkis added 14 points each for Grambling in its season opener.
The Tigers shot 46.2 percent from the field (12 of 26) in the first half, but made just 10 of 27 in the second (37 percent).
- NCAA BB
GRAMBLING 66 FINAL
Nov 17 10:46 PM
- NCAA BB
GRAMBLING 35 HALFTIME
Nov 17 9:30 PM
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Marquette beats Grambling State 114-71 Nov 13
- No. 17 Marquette entertains Grambling State Nov 12
- Price is right at Grambling May 8
- Alabama State wins SWAC title over Grambling Mar 13
- Baylor blows out Grambling State Nov 13
- Alabama A&M defeats Grambling State 81-60 Mar 6
- Alabama State defeats Grambling State 81-76 Mar 4
- Mississippi Valley St. defeats Grambling St. 65-61 Mar 2
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28