College of Charleston beats Winthrop 69-57Nov 18, 2009 - 7:22 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 18 points and Jeremy Simmons added 14 to help College of Charleston beat Winthrop 69-57 for its first win of the season on Tuesday night.
Goudelock added five assists for the Cougars (1-1), while Simmons grabbed nine rebounds and tallied four blocks. Tony White Jr. chipped in with 11 points, going 6-for-6 from the foul line.
With his 10 points, Charleston freshman Willis Hall has scored in double figures in the first two games of his career.
The Cougars led by just a point at the half, but outscored the Eagles (1-1) 39-28 in the second half.
Charleston was just 9-for-23 from beyond the arc (39.1 percent), but Winthrop missed all of its 13 shots from 3-point range in the loss.
Andre Jones led the Eagles with 11 points, and Mantoris Robinson grabbed 11 boards.
- Northern Iowa's winning culture leads to NCAA bid Mar 11
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Terps pull away to beat Winthrop Dec 6
- 21st-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 6
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9