ETSU 76, Chattanooga 85Nov 18, 2009 - 3:21 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Keegan Bell had 23 points and seven assists to lead Chattanooga to an 85-76 win over East Tennessee State on Tuesday night.
Trailing 60-55 with 15:40 left in the game, the Mocs (2-0) went on a 25-8 run throughout the next 15 minutes. Ricky Taylor gave Chattanooga an 80-68 lead on a free throw with 56 seconds to play.
The Mocs forced 10 second-half turnovers, and finished the game with 26 points off of 19 Buccaneers' give-aways.
Ridge McKeither scored 17 points and had nine rebounds for the Mocs and Josh Edem added 14 points and four steals.
Chattanooga was 11 of 28 from 3-point range (39.3 percent), as Bell was 6 of 10 from behind the arc. The Mocs shot 53.8 percent from 3-point range in the first half (7 of 13).
The Buccaneers (1-1) were led by Tommy Hubbard with 26 points and 13 rebounds. Isiah Brown added 13 points and Jocolby Davis chipped in 11 for ETSU.
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 76
CHATTANOOGA 85 FINAL
Nov 17 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST TENN ST 52
CHATTANOOGA 47 HALFTIME
Nov 17 8:05 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23