Boston College rolls past St. Francis 72-44Nov 18, 2009 - 1:59 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Tyler Roche scored 19 points, Reggie Jackson had 17 and Boston College tuned up for its upcoming trip to the Paradise Jam tournament with a 72-44 victory over St. Francis (N.Y.) on Tuesday.
It was just the schools' second meeting since 1953.
Roche was 5-for-6 from 3-point range after going 4-for-5 from behind the arc and scoring a career-high 30 points in a season-opening win over Dartmouth on Friday.
Josh Southern added 13 points and Joe Trapani had 13 points and nine rebounds.
The Eagles (2-0) were without three suspended players: starting forwards Corey Raji and Rakim Sanders and substitute Cortney Dunn. The players were suspended for two games and are expected to play when BC plays in the Virgin Islands, starting Friday against Saint Joseph's.
Akeem Bennett led the Terriers (0-2) with 18 points and eight rebounds.
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21