Campbell rallies for 74-68 win over East CarolinaNov 18, 2009 - 2:42 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 13 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in Campbell's 74-68 win over East Carolina on Tuesday night.
Campbell (2-0), which trailed 37-36 at halftime and made just 13 of 37 field goals in the first half (35.1 percent), shot 50 percent in the second (13 of 26).
Down 58-55, Campbell went on a 15-6 run to take a 70-64 lead on two free throws by Junard Hartley with 1:51 left to play. Rodriguez scored six points during the run.
Lorne Merthie scored 17 points for the Camels and Kyle Vejraska added 12 points in 11 minutes, as Campbell's bench outscored the Pirates' bench 23-16.
The Camels scored 19 points off of 20 East Carolina turnovers.
Brock Young led the Pirates (1-2) with 19 points, including 11 of 12 from the free throw line. Jontae Sherrod and Darius Morrow added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for East Carolina.
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 68
CAMPBELL 74 FINAL
Nov 17 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
EAST CAROLINA 37
CAMPBELL 36 HALFTIME
Nov 17 7:48 PM
- No. 20 SMU beats ECU in American QFs Mar 13
- Pirates seek upset of Mustangs in AAC Tournament action Mar 13
- No. 12 UNC routs East Carolina Dec 7
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels set sights on Pirates Dec 7
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Hood leads No. 6 Duke over East Carolina Nov 19
- Pirates put perfect mark on line versus sixth-ranked Blue Devils Nov 19
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20