Charleston Southern edges The Citadel 61-60Nov 18, 2009 - 4:07 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jamarco Warren scored with 1.2 seconds left in the game to lift Charleston Southern to a 61-60 victory over The Citadel on Tuesday night.
Warren drove the lane to score and finished with 13 points, going 6-for-9 from the field. The Bulldogs called a time out but couldn't get a final shot.
There were eight ties and 10 lead changes.
Kelvin Martin led Charleston Southern (1-1) with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Joe Wolfinger hit a jumper to give The Citadel a 60-57 lead with 1:58 remaining.
Jeremy Sexton's jumper cut the lead to 60-59 with 1:30 left and Wolfinger missed a shot to set up Warren's heroics.
Cameron Wells led the Citadel (1-1) with 23 points. Zach Urbanus scored 12 points and Wolfinger added 10 points to go with nine rebounds.
Charleston Southern was 25-for-48 from the field (52.1 percent) and survived despite making 20 turnovers.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 61
THE CITADEL 60 FINAL
Nov 17 9:00 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 33
THE CITADEL 39 HALFTIME
Nov 17 7:47 PM
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11
- No. 12 Arizona opens season against Charleston Southern Nov 11