Crawford has 24, Xavier beats Bowling Green 101-57Nov 18, 2009 - 2:48 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 15 of his career-high 24 points in the first half as Xavier's outside shooters took advantage of Bowling Green's zone defense, and the Musketeers showed their scoring balance while pulling away to a 101-57 victory on Tuesday night.
Xavier (2-0) shot 64.8 percent (35-for-54) from the field in its most lopsided victory in two years. It was the Musketeers' biggest offensive game since a 108-70 win over Virginia on Jan. 3, 2008.
Scott Thomas scored 13 points for Bowling Green (1-1), the Mid-American Conference's defending regular season champions.
Crawford sat out last season after transferring from Indiana. The sophomore guard has quickly emerged as the Musketeers' best all-around scoring threat, leading an offense that had five players in double figures each of the first two games.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1
- Arizona pulls away from Xavier to set up Elite Eight rematch Mar 27