Loyola of Chicago rolls past Canisius, 89-69Nov 18, 2009 - 3:55 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Geoff McCammon scored 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting Tuesday night to lead Loyola of Chicago to an 89-69 victory over Canisius.
Walt Gibler scored 17 points for the Ramblers (1-1). Marcus Thomas added 14, Ben Averkamp 12 and Andy Polka 11 for the winners, who made 11 of their 18 3-point attempts and shot 55 percent from the field. McCammon and Thomas had four 3-pointers, Polka led Loyola with 12 rebounds and Courtney Stanley dished out 12 assists.
Julius Coles scored 18 points and Frank Turner had 17 for the Golden Griffins, who were playing their season opener. Canisius was just 6 of 21 from behind the 3-point line.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 89 FINAL
Nov 17 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 46 HALFTIME
Nov 17 8:53 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11