Fresno State beats Northern Arizona 65-59Nov 18, 2009 - 4:00 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- Sylvester Seay had had 22 points and Paul George added 15 points and 10 rebounds as Fresno State beat Northern Arizona 65-59 in the West Coast Classic on Tuesday night.
Seay did most of his damage in the second half, scoring 14 points and nine of Fresno State's first 11 points.
Fresno State (2-0) shot 50 percent from the field in the first half and Northern Arizona (1-2) shot 46.4 percent. In the second half both teams struggled. The Bulldogs connected on just 8-of-25 attempts from the field while the Lumberjacks were no better, going 7 of 24. Northern Arizona also went cold from 3-point range in the second. After hitting 5 of 6 3s in the first, the Lumberjacks were just 2 of 8.
Cameron Jones led Northern Arizona with 23 points on 9 of 15 shooting. Gabe Rogers added 13 points, all in the first half.
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31