UC Santa Barbara takes 66-57 win over Weber StateNov 18, 2009 - 5:52 AM SANTA BARBARA, Calif.(AP) -- Orlando Johnson hauled in a double-double, scoring 19 points and pulling down 10 rebounds to lead UC Santa Barbara to a 66-57 win over Weber State on Tuesday night.
The Gauchos (2-0) pulled out early, scoring 14 points before the Wildcats (0-2) even got on the board. The team then led the entire game after that.
Johnson was six-for-11 from the field, including two 3-pointers. Jaime Serna and Paul Roemer each had nine points, and Jon Pastorek grabbed 11 rebounds.
Damian Lillard scored 16 points, including landing four 3-pointers for Weber State, while Kyle Bullinger scored 12.
UC Santa Barbara outshot their opponents 35.4 percent to 29.7.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 57
UC SNTA BARBARA 66 FINAL
Nov 17 11:56 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 20
UC SNTA BARBARA 30 HALFTIME
Nov 17 10:48 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- UCLA takes care of UC Santa Barbara Dec 4
- Gauchos and Bruins mix it up in Golden State fracas Dec 3