Cincinnati beats Toledo 92-68 behind BishopNov 19, 2009 - 2:34 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Rashad Bishop scored a career-high 20 points Wednesday night and Cincinnati had more defensive lapses before pulling away to a 92-68 victory over Toledo.
The Bearcats (2-0) have given up a lot of open shots in both of their wins. Toledo (1-1) is one of the nation's youngest teams, starting three freshmen and a sophomore, but pulled within 57-49 with 14 minutes to go by making seven of eight shots.
Cincinnati opened the game with a 17-3 run, but let the Rockets stay close with soft defense. Toledo shot 48 percent from the field and was led by Jake Barnett's 21 points.
After scoring only five points on 2-of-10 shooting in his collegiate debut, Cincinnati freshman Lance Stephenson was smoother. The prep star from Brooklyn scored 16 points on 6-of-13 shooting.
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Cincinnati routs Robert Morris 106-44 Nov 15
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Still-unbeaten Kentucky grinds out win over Cincinnati Mar 21
- Bearcats on tap to test undefeated Wildcats Mar 21
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20
- Bearcats battle Boilermakers in Midwest Region Mar 19
- Cincinnati completes sweep of SMU Feb 6
- Mustangs set sights on Bearcats in AAC action Feb 5
- Cincinnati coach Cronin out for rest of season Jan 2