Central Michigan defeats Illinois-Chicago 67-48Nov 19, 2009 - 2:42 AM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Robbie Harman scored 20 points, mostly on 3-point shots, as Central Michigan cruised past Illinois-Chicago 67-48 Tuesday night.
Harman made six of his 10 3-three point attempts as the Chippewas (2-1) made 12 overall compared to eight for the visiting Flames (1-1). Jalin Thomas scored 16 and Jordan Bitzer scored 12 on 4-for-4 shooting from behind the arc. Chris Kellerman had 12 rebounds for Central Michigan.
The Chippewas shot 50 percent from the field in the first half, building a 39-22 lead at the break. They cooled off to finish at 42 percent but had the game well in hand.
Robo Kreps had 15 points but was the only Illinois-Chicago player in double figures. The Flames, who never led, shot 27 percent from the field.
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- UIC gives Moore contract extension Apr 17
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Keno Davis lands at Central Michigan Apr 3
- Central Michigan fires head coach Ernie Zeigler Mar 14
- Illinois-Chicago stuns No. 12 Illinois Dec 18
- UIC coach Collins retires after 14 seasons Jul 20
- Zeigler signs new contract with Central Michigan Apr 13