McCollum sets pace as Lehigh tops Quinnipiac 79-71Nov 19, 2009 - 3:51 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- Freshman C.J. McCollum scored 22 points and Marquis Hall handed out 10 assists as Lehigh defeated Quinnipiac 79-71 Wednesday night for its first victory of the season.
Rob Keefer added 13 points and Michael Ojo 11 for the Mountain Hawks (1-2), who led by 10 points in the first half but saw the Bobcats (1-1) claw back. James Feldeine, who led Quinnipiac with 22 points and 10 rebounds, had a three-point play less than a minute before halftime to give the Bobcats a one-point lead before Lehigh regained a 33-32 edge at intermission.
There were four lead changes in the first three minutes of the second half before Justin Maneri's layup at the 13:37 mark put Lehigh up for good. McCollum scored 18 of his 22 points in the second half, including four 3-pointers, and Lehigh extended its lead to as many as 12 points, 68-56, on a pair of Maneri free throws at the 3:22 mark.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19