Hughes guides Wisconsin past Oakland, Mich., 58-42Nov 19, 2009 - 3:11 AM MADISON, Wis.(AP) -- Trevon Hughes scored 15 points Wednesday night in Wisconsin's 58-42 victory over Oakland, Mich.
It was the final tuneup before the Badgers (2-0) head to the Maui Invitational next week, starting with a game Monday against Arizona.
The Golden Grizzlies were the preseason favorite to win the Summit League, but they dropped to 0-2 largely because they have yet to find their shooting touch. Oakland hit just 30 percent in the first half, including 1 of 10 from 3-point range, falling behind 34-23.
The Badgers opened the second half on a 15-3 run to push their lead to 49-26, and Oakland spent the rest of the game just trying to make it respectable.
Johnathon Jones scored 15 points to lead Oakland. Keith Benson added 12 points and nine rebounds.
Keaton Nankivil scored 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds for the Badgers, while Jon Leuer added 12 points.
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22