UC Irvine rallies past Loyola Marymount 82-76Nov 19, 2009 - 6:28 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Michael Hunter scored 17 points, including two 3-pointers in the final minute, to lead UC Irvine past Loyola Marymount 82-76 Wednesday night.
The Anteaters (2-1) rallied after trailing by 14 in the first half. Eric Wise also scored 17 for UC Irvine.
Drew Viney had a career-high 30 points for the Lions (1-3), whose losses have all been by six points or fewer.
Irvine took its first lead, 42-40, on a Hunter jumper with 17:54 remaining. From that point, the game featured 10 ties and 11 lead changes.
The Anteaters trailed 38-24 late in the first half then used an 18-2 run to get back into the game. They outscored the Lions 9-2 to close the half and went into intermission down 40-33.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 80
LOYOLA MARYMNT 76 FINAL
Nov 19 1:00 AM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 33
LOYOLA MARYMNT 40 HALFTIME
Nov 18 11:50 PM
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19