Old Dominion routs Liberty 73-41Nov 20, 2009 - 3:53 AM LYNCHBURG, Va.(AP) -- Keyon Carter tied a career high with 17 points and Old Dominion defeated Liberty 73-41 on Thursday night.
Carter was 7 of 8 from the field, including 3 of 3 from 3-point range.
With a one-point advantage early in the first half, the Monarchs (3-0) went on a 24-2 run over the next 7:50 for a 29-6 lead with 4:55 left until halftime. The stretch was capped by a layup by Kent Bazemore.
Old Dominion, which finished with 10 steals, tallied five during the run.
The Monarchs led 35-14 at halftime, and opened the second half with 10 straight points, including eight from Carter. Old Dominion led 45-14 on a 3-pointer by Carter with 16:37 remaining.
Old Dominion led by as much as 60-24 with 8 minutes left on a Trian Illiadis 3-pointer.
Kyle Ohman scored 17 points for Liberty (1-3), which shot 27.7 percent from the field (13 of 47), and was just 1-for-15 from 3-point range (6.7 percent).
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 73
LIBERTY 41 FINAL
Nov 19 8:56 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 35
LIBERTY 14 HALFTIME
Nov 19 7:50 PM
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10