Tennessee Tech beats Lipscomb 92-89Nov 20, 2009 - 4:22 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Kevin Murphy led five players in double figures with 24 points and Tennessee Tech held off Lipscomb 92-89 on Thursday night.
Frank Davis scored 15 of his 20 points in the second half for the Golden Eagles (2-1), including two free throws with 7 seconds remaining to provide the final margin.
The Bisons (0-3) could not get closer than four points in the final minutes until Brian Wright hit a 3-pointer with 9 seconds remaining to cut the lead to 90-89.
The Golden Eagles lead the series 39-3 and have not lost to Lipscomb since 1956.
Alfred Jones added 16 points, Elijah Muhammad scored 11 and Jud Dillard had 10 for the Golden Eagles.
Adnan Hodzik, who scored in double figures for the 30th straight game, led the Bisons with 24 points. Josh Slater had 19 points, Michael Teller had 13 and Brandon Brown 10 for the Bisons.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 92
LIPSCOMB 89 FINAL
Nov 19 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 48
LIPSCOMB 41 HALFTIME
Nov 19 8:44 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2