Prairie View A&M downs Florida Gulf Coast 69-54Nov 20, 2009 - 4:27 AM PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas(AP) -- Michael Griffin scored 14 points Thursday night to lead Prairie View A&M to a 69-54 victory over Florida Gulf Coast.
Darnell Hugee and Grady Green added 10 points apiece for the Panthers (2-1).
Reggie Chambers tossed in a game-high 20 points for Florida Gulf Coast (0-2). Reed Baker had 13 and Kyle Marks 10.
The loss extended the Eagles' road losing streak to 21 games.
Prairie View A&M, coming off a 69-62 loss to Cincinnati on Monday, led just 21-19 at halftime but steadily pulled away after the break.
Florida Gulf Coast dropped its opener to No.2 Michigan State. The Eagles played the first of two games in Texas and will face SMU on Saturday night in Dallas.
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Prairie View coach Rimm resigns with Panthers 1-18 Jan 27
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- SWAC title up for grabs in clash between Panthers and Tigers Mar 15
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Wisconsin takes care of Prairie View A&M Dec 28
- Panthers face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Badgers Dec 28
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30
- Surprising Eagles set sights on Gators in Sweet 16 Mar 28