Thompson's 37 lead Washington State by IPFW 89-70Nov 20, 2009 - 5:35 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Klay Thompson went 15-for-20 and scored a career-high 37 points as Washington State beat IPFW 89-70 on Thursday night.
Freshman Reggie Moore added nine points for Washington State (3-0).
IPFW (1-2) was led by Deilvez Yearby, who had 17 points and nine rebounds.
After an opening 3-pointer by freshman Reggie Moore, Thompson hit the next five shots of the game. Thompson scored 22 in the first half, giving the Cougars a 44-31 lead heading into the locker room. Thompson went 10-for-12, including 2-for-2 from the 3-point line, in the half.
The Mastodons cut the lead to 10 with 16 minutes to play, but that was as close as they would come. Zach Plackemeier and Nick Daniels had 13 each for IPFW.
Washington State shot 54.2 percent to IPFW's 41.4.
Thompson was a perfect 5-for-5 from the free-throw line and did not have a turnover.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22