Wedel's 15 lift Drake past Georgia St 65-58Nov 20, 2009 - 8:27 PM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- Ryan Wedel had 15 points and Seth VanDeest added 13 to lead Drake to a 65-58 victory over Georgia State at the Glenn Wilkes Classic on Friday.
Joe Dukes scored 20 points and Trae Goldston had 16 for Georgia State (1-2).
Craig Stanley hit a pair of free throws to complete a short surge that put Drake (1-2) ahead 49-35 nine minutes into the second half. VanDeest's short jumper made it 55-37 with seven minutes remaining.
Goldston and Dukes scored all the points during a 12-2 run, which got Georgia State within 61-56 in the final minute of play.
Wedel had 11 points in the first half, helping Drake take a 35-27 lead at the intermission.
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25