Detroit defeats Robert Morris 71-59Nov 21, 2009 - 12:33 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Thomas Kennedy scored 19 points and had four steals in Detroit's 71-59 win over Robert Morris on Friday.
Kennedy had four of the Titans' 15 steals in the 2K Sports Classic.
In the first half, Detroit broke a 21-21 tie with six unanswered points. Eli Holman scored on a jump shot, Kennedy hit a layup and Xavier Keeling turned one of his two steals into a dunk for a 27-21 lead with 6:31 remaining before halftime.
Detroit built its lead to 39-31 at the half.
Holman finished with 14 points and Keeling had 13, including making 9 of 12 free throws.
The Titans led by as many as 13 points, 71-57, on two free throws by Kennedy with 1:01 to play.
Rob Robinson was one of two players in double figures for the Colonials (0-3). Jimmy Langhurst tallied 10 points and eight turnovers for Robert Morris.
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17