Williamson helps Saint Joe's beat BC 84-80Nov 21, 2009 - 3:46 AM ST. THOMAS, Virgin Islands(AP) -- Garrett Williamson scored 10 of his 18 points in the final two minutes, and Saint Joseph's beat Boston College 84-80 on Friday night in the opening round of the Paradise Jam.
Williamson's layup with 1:57 left tied the game, and his three-point play with 38 seconds left gave the Hawks (3-0) a 79-76 lead. Reggie Jackson pulled Boston College (2-1) within 79-78 seconds later, but Williamson answered with two more free throws.
Jackson missed a potential tying layup in the final seconds, and Williamson was perfect in two more trips to the foul line with less than a second left for the final margin.
Darrin Govens and freshman Carl Jones each added 16 points for Saint Joseph's, which plays No. 7 Purdue in the second round Sunday night.
Joe Trapani scored 20 points to lead Boston College, which shot just 35.6 percent from the field. Jackson finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 84
BOSTON COLLEGE 80 FINAL
Nov 20 8:02 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 83
BOSTON COLLEGE 80 0:00 LEFT, 2ND HALF
Nov 20 7:59 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 39
BOSTON COLLEGE 40 HALFTIME
Nov 20 6:50 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Paige, North Carolina top BC Mar 11
- Tar Heels take on Eagles in ACC Tournament action Mar 11
- Notre Dame takes out Boston College once more Feb 21