North Carolina A&T beats Davis & Elkins 67-53Nov 21, 2009 - 4:32 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Thomas Coleman scored 12 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead North Carolina A&T to a 67-53 win over Davis & Elkins on Friday night.
Robert Johnson added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Aggies (2-2), while Nic Simpson chipped in with 10 points and six rebounds.
The Senators (1-1) were paced by Tim Turner, who finished with 22 points on 8 of 22 shooting. P.J. Turner contributed with eight points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.
N.C. A&T shot 34.8 percent from the field (23-for-66). The Senators shot 30.9 percent (17-for-55).
The Aggies shot only 18.8 percent from 3-point range (3-for-16), but outrebounded the Senators 59-33.
N.C. A&T outscored Davis & Elkins 36-27 in the second half.
- NCAA BB
DAVIS & ELKINS 53
NC A&T 67 FINAL
Nov 20 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
DAVIS & ELKINS 26
NC A&T 31 HALFTIME
Nov 20 7:44 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump Aggies Nov 18
- Aggies face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 18
- Morgan State defeats North Carolina A&T 84-57 Mar 10